What Honeywell Sponsorship Offers
Honeywell’s Formula SAE sponsorship is available to colleges and universities that compete in any of the Formula SAE events. Teams sponsored by Honeywell Transportation Systems will receive:
- Either one MGT12 turbocharger (8.8 pounds, as supplied), outline drawings, compressor and turbine performance maps. (Shown)
- Or one GT15V turbocharger (10 pounds, as supplied), outline drawings, compressor and turbine performance maps.
In order to help you make your decision on which turbocharger is right for your team,we will send you the drawings and performance maps for both turbochargers via email. Once you have made your decision, you will receive the appropriate turbocharger as well as the following:
- A Honeywell contact who can answer technical questions about the turbochargers.
- “Turbo Garrett” decals to use on your Formula SAE car
- Our corporate logo for your Web site sponsor list
The MGT12 turbocharger has a variable wastegate (turbine bypass) controlled by a pneumatic actuator.
The GT15V turbocharger has variable nozzle turbine vanes. The vanes are controlled by a pneumatic actuator and can be used with a maximum turbine inlet temperature of 825°C. The design and calibration of the control scheme is up to the Formula SAE team.